Brigade Smart Radar Predict Side Detection System Kit For HGVs – PB-RADAR-KIT
Brigade’s Radar Predict is the latest innovation in side-detection safety. This kit includes Radar Predict, Turn Indicator Trigger ECU and Left Trun Warning Alarm.
Specifically designed to protect cyclists from collisions with HGVs. The advanced radar system uses AI technology to detect a potential collision by analysing data such as speed and direction of both the vehicle and cyclist. By differentiating between static and moving objects, the Radar Predict algorithm alerts the driver when an impact with a cyclist is likely.
HGVs pose a risk to both pedestrians and cyclists, with collisions involving a large vehicle far more likely to prove fatal than those involving a car. Many collisions between cyclists and HGVs occur because the driver has limited direct vision (the ability to see what is outside their cab without using indirect means of mirrors or cameras).
The single dual-radar unit is fi tted on the nearside of the truck and gives complete coverage to the side of the vehicle, including the trailer unit. The trailer discovery mode detects whether the vehicle is fi tted with a trailer and prevents articulation causing false alerts. The driver is alerted if a cyclist enters the detection zone and receives a second warning if a collision is predicted.
- Compatible with both rigid and articulated vehicles, offering versatility in application
- 180° Cyclist detection active when vehicle speed is below 20 mph
- Predicts cyclist collisions without reporting on static objects reducing false alerts for the driver
- Quick and easy installation, no CAN connection to the vehicle
- Radar Predict Radar
- Turn Indicator Trigger ECU
- Left Turn Warning Alarm
- Alarm Cut Out (4752)
- Radar Predict Display Screen
- Radar Predict Spirt Level
- Radar Predict Cable
- Radar Predict GPS & IMU Module
- Radar Predict Installation & User Guide
Radar Predict Benefits
- 180° Cyclist side detection
- Detection area of 4.5m x up to 37m
- Quick and easy installation
- Available for left and right-side applications
- Meets UNECE Regulation 151 requirements
- Complies with DVS PSS Requirements
- 2 Year Warranty
DVS Sensor Functionality Statement
Please note; a letter self-certifying that sensors have been fitted in accordance with the technical specifications AND are in working order, this statement must come from the fitter.