Brigade CAREYE Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) with Artificial Intelligence – CS-SET-00610
CAREYE® Safety Angle Turning Assistant is an award-winning advanced driver assistant system (ADAS) which uses artificial intelligence (AI) to accurately evaluate the images from cameras fitted to a vehicle and can calculate the future course of motion of nearby people or objects. Based on this data, the system reliably and accurately warns the driver in real time of a possible collision before it occurs.
CAREYE® has been rated as a clear winner in the ADAC performance tests for demonstrating optimum performance and outranking other similar advanced driver assistant systems (ADAS) on the market. ADAC cited CAREYE®’s following features as reasons for its top place position:
- Significantly reduces false alerts
- Clear and easy to understand visual feedback
- Quick reaction times for detecting people and objects
- Minimise False Positive Warnings – CAREYE® is an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) which uses AI to calculate movement and direction to dramatically reduce false warnings.
- Suitable for all Types of Vehicles – CAREYE® (ADAS) can be used on all types of commercial vehicles, rigid and articulated, including buses, lorries, special and emergency vehicles.
- Advanced Detection – CAREYE® (ADAS) detects moving objects, like bicycles, up to 4 meters in the second row behind parked cars as specified by UN ECE R151.
- Fully Operational in Difficult Condition – CAREYE® (ADAS) is fully operational in low level light (2 x 20 lux ambient lighting) and works in difficult weather conditions
- Ability to Classify the Objects – CAREYE® (ADAS) has the ability to classify the objects using Artificial Intelligence.
How does CAREYE® (ADAS) work?
Using artificial intelligence (AI), CAREYE® (ADAS) issues warnings either actively with an audible and visual red alert if a person or object is at risk of being hit, or passively with a visual yellow alert if, for example, a person or object is moving away from the danger zone. This technology dramatically reduces false alerts and provides the driver with absolute peace of mind that they can manoeuvre their vehicle with the utmost safety.
The system is able to differentiate between cars, lorries, HGVs, vans, people, bicycles and static objects, such as trees or bollards. Movement and the expected direction are then calculated, making the system extremely reliable.
AI Camera benefits for commercial vehicles:
- Suitable for all types of commercial vehicles, rigid and articulated, including buses, lorries, special and emergency vehicles
- The system is active all the time when the vehicle is traveling at a speed under 18 mph
- Objects in the danger zone are classified according to type
- Minimises false positive warnings through the use of artificial intelligence
- Extended surveillance area of blind spots of up to a length of 10m and width of 4m, including the blind spot on the front corner of the vehicle
- Partly fulfills the requirements of the UN ECE R151 (Blind spot information system): is able to detect bicycles in the second row, even behind the parked cars.
- Fully operational in low level light (above 2 LUX ambient light) and difficult weather conditions
- Available for retrofitting to existing vehicles
- The system is available for right hand and left hand drive
- Self-diagnostic function – the device reports whether it is in operation or not
- Software can be updated as required
- Developed sustainably in Austria and Germany and has the quality certifications required across Europe, as well as an ADAC rating
Why use Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) with AI?
Every year in the UK, dozens of pedestrians and cyclists are killed and thousands injured due to road traffic collisions. One in three of these accidents could have been prevented with an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), such as CAREYE®. This makes such technology crucial in enhancing safety for every road user and helping to save lives.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) use automated technology, such as sensors and cameras, to detect nearby obstacles or driver errors, and respond accordingly. Artificial Intelligence (AI) used in ADAS can differentiate between people and objects and calculate distances and direction of movement.
The advantages of ADAS for fleet managers
Ever rising fuel costs and insurance premiums along with continually evolving road safety regulations and legislation mean the job of fleet manager is becoming more and more challenging.
Road traffic collisions involving blind spots are one of the main causes of injuries and fatalities to vulnerable road users, such as pedestrians and cyclists. Eliminating blind spots on vehicles is crucial to resolving this problem. Cutting edge, state-of-the-art technology like ADAS and AI not only eliminates blind spots but minimises false alerts. CAREYE® (ADAS) is an extremely reliable and intelligent system which aids drivers and provides the ultimate protection from collisions caused by blind spots.